My MAC Eyeshadow Palette | Swatching Oddity
Once upon a time, I was a MAC eyeshadow junkie and collected a whole slew of 15 MAC eyeshadows. There are some eyeshadows in here that I absolutely adore and some, not so much. I’ll share which eyeshadows those are and swatches, too! (Also, if you are wondering why the texture of some of the eyeshadows look strange, it’s because I may have dropped this palette on more than one occasion… oops).
My MAC Eyeshadow Palette
Quick summary of each eyeshadow
I will briefly go through each of my MAC eyeshadows in the palette and share my thoughts.
- Ricepaper: Good for a subtle highlight. Don’t reach for this too much because I like my highlight to be BAM.
- Soba: Nice if you’re into neutral looks. But I’m not going to lie, this one is very boring. Much better neutrals out there imo.
- Cranberry: Gorgeous colour. Love using this colour to smoke out my crease.
- Coppering: Another stunning shade. Pairs nicely with Pakistani and Indian outfits.
- Brown Script: Love this rich, warm matte brown shade. Great to use to do a warm brown smoky eye.
- All That Glitters: A classic MAC eyeshadow for good reason. Looks great for both everyday and evening looks.
- Soft Brown: This eyeshadow is a staple. One of my favourite matte browns. Looks great with any eyeshadow look.
- Amber Lights: A must for South Asians! This eyeshadow will go with all of your glittery outfits.
- Texture: I use this eyeshadow in place of Soft Brown if I’m doing a very warm eyeshadow look. Love it!
- Rule: One of my favourite eyeshadows ever. Looks amazing when you use it to smoke out the crease.
- Patina: Really like this eyeshadow for neutral looks. Nice for everyday and evening.
- Satin Taupe: Pairs really nicely with Patina. Perfect for the classic smoky eye.
- Sumptuous Olive: A nice eyeshadow to use if you want to experiment with colour. Very neutral for a green colour.
- Tempting: A classic, shimmery brown colour. Not too warm, not too cool. Be careful with this one as there’s a bit of fallout.
- Smut: Nice for a smoky eye. Great for people who are too scared to use black, but don’t want to use a dark brown.
If you’d like me to go more in-depth with any of the colours, feel free to leave a comment. All in all, I’m pretty happy with my MAC palette and my collection of eyeshadows. The only two colours I would probably want to replace are Ricepaper and Soba. I’d substitute Ricepaper with Nylon (yass) and Soba with… I’m not sure. Do you have any recommendations for me? I’d love to hear your thoughts. :)